Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hood River Hops Festival


I made it to my first festival since officially moving here. The 5th Annual Hood River Hops Festival was a blast. The weather was pretty good other than it dumping rain a few times. There were enough good beers on tap to keep me busy between the rain downpours. One of my favorites of the festival was Vernon the Rabbit Slayer from Big Horse Brewpub (from right there in Hood River). Vernon is a big fresh hopped Double IPA with tons of flavor and body. Another of my favorites was also a fresh hopped beer - Elemental Ale from Pelican Brewing in Pacific City, OR.

Overall it was a nice small festival and a good start to a busy festival month and season. Next week I'll be in Denver for the GABF once again! Than back home for some more fresh hop festivals (if I survive GABF).

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was wet but a bunch of fun !!!