Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thursday afternoon/evening in Portland

My friend Marc and I went out on Thursday and hit a few good spots:

Lompoc 5th Quadrant - Brian has a great Fresh Hopped Lager on right now.

Green Dragon - I had a Beer Valley Pig Skin Pale Ale - Really delicious!

Roots - Toasted Coconut Porter & Fresh hopp-opotamus, Fresh Hop ale. Mmm...

Then we went over to Bailey's Tap Room for a Bottled Barleywine Tasting -

Alaskan Barleywine
AleSmith Old Knucklehead
Avery Hog Heaven
Green Flash Barleywine


We ended up over at the Tug Boat - I can't recommend any of the house beers but they do have some good guest taps. And the atmosphere is great! I had a Fish Tale Winterfish which was great.
There is a great write up on the Tug Boat by Angelo on his Brewpublic blog, check it out!

I wish I had pictures but I forgot to bring my camera... Next time!

All in a days "work" in Beervana!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Angelo De Ieso II said...

Sounds like a lot of fun at some great local beer spots. I think you were right about the Chernobyl, man.