HOPWORKS URBAN BREWERY CELEBRATES THIRD ANNIVERSARY
Portland’s Sustainable and Organic Brewpub Offers Specials All Day on March 30
|Founder and Brewmaster Christian Ettinger|
PORTLAND, Ore. – As a thank you to loyal customers and craft beer enthusiasts, Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) is celebrating its third anniversary by offering $2 pints, food specials and 20 percent off all HUB merchandise on Wednesday, March 30.
Over the last three years, Hopworks has grown into one of Portland’s most popular and successful brewpubs. And coming later this summer, the brewery will open its second location, Bike Bar, on North Williams in Portland. Located in the net-zero energy Eco-Flats building, Bike Bar will be more of the same great organic beer and locally-sourced food featuring two beer gardens for socializing and watching the bikes on Williams roll by.
Last year marked the second BikeToBeerFest, featuring bands like Hillstomp and Boy Eats Drum Machine, as well as numerous local bike builders and the amazing Flatlanders BMX trick riders. The festival drew more than 4,000 fans to HUB’s back parking lot for beers, bikes and bands. BikeToBeerFest returns for its third year on September 17 to again raise money for Sunday Parkways and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance while delivering more of the same great entertainment.
Other notable achievements for Hopworks Urban Brewery:
- Last year HUB expanded distribution into both British Columbia and the Seattle market.
- Hopworks produced 6,500 barrels of beer, roughly more than 1.6 million pints of beer.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Hopworks was named the Best Brewpub in Oregon by Northwest Brewing News.
- HUB Organic Lager was named the “Best Draft Beer in the World” by Men’s Journal magazine.
- Hopworks purchased water restoration certificates from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to offset all of its annual water use, restoring 1.8 million gallons of water to the Deschutes River.
- HUB recently broke ground on a brewery expansion to bring in additional fermenters and increase annual brewing capacity to more than 10,000 barrels a year.
HUB is located at 2944 SE Powell Blvd. and is open Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to midnight. For more information, please visit Hopworks online at www.HopworksBeer.com or follow on Twitter @HopworksBeer.