Another post about the Holiday Ale Festival? One might think that the HAF is my favorite festival of the year. Well I guess that would not be too far from the truth. It is hard to believe that it's Holiday Ale Festival time again. 2 PM today in Pioneer Courthouse Square.
A few days ago I was lucky enough to attend the media preview for the event. I'm going to just give you my picks from the preview and a few other tidbits since time is running short (I'll be heading down to the fest after I write this post)
First my picks from the preview -
- Block 15 Brewing - Figgy Pudding Olde Stock - This is 1 of 2 different versions of this beer. The brewer explains here.
- Bear Republic Brewing - Ebewesner Scrooge - Very nice balance sour with smokey complexity.
- Cascade Brewing - Sang Noir - Sour cherry & whiskey goodness. What else can I say?
- Coalition Brewing - Lost Glove - This is a hoppy strong ale with balance malt profile. I recommend it as a change of pace from the other strong and sour beers.
- Lompoc Brewing - Franc'ly Brewdolph Belgian Red - Very tasty blend of malt and oak. Aged in Cabernet Franc barrels for 13 months and then blended with 2010 Brewdolph. Nice.
Wed. 2 pm
1- 2005 Samichlaus
2- 2009 New Belgium Love
3- 2008 Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy
4- Firestone 14th Anniversary
Thurs. 2 pm
1- Lompoc Brewing 8 Malty Nights
2- Deschutes Oak Aged Jubel 2000
3- North Coast Brewing 2008 Old Stock
4- Cascade Brewing 2009 Sang Noir
Fri, 2 pm
1- BridgePort Brewing Old Knucklehead 2003
3- 2008 Jim
4- 2009 Jim
Sat. 2 pm
1-Dogfish Head Festina Peche 2008
2- Fort George North III (2009)
3- Cascade Brewing 2007 Barrel Select Baltic Porter
There you have it! Have fun and I hope to see you down at the festival. Cheers!