Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rich Bobkin 1956-2011

Rich Bobkin 1956-2011 by Oregon Brewers Guild
Rich Bobkin 1956-2011, a photo by Brian Butenschoen, Oregon Brewers Guild on Flickr.
Richard Bobkin 1956-2011 died while hiking the Siouxon Trail a mountain bike trail in Gifford Pinchot. Belmont Station will celebrate his life on Saturday from 2-6pm.

I shared many a beer with Rich at his favorite spot Belmont Station and count myself lucky to have know him. He will be is missed.

RIP Rich
Update 4/14 - This is what Belmont Station had to say about Rich in their email newsletter:

We first got to know Rich as a customer. But it wasn't long before he became a friend to all of us and even more than that, a part of the very fabric of Belmont Station. He stopped in to see us almost daily and if he didn't come by we worried about him.  If we didn't see him it was only because he was mountain biking or hiking or occasionally at a beer event across town. Rich regularly pushed me to add or change something at Belmont Station and I will dearly miss the lively conversation, debates about whether music should be free, and provocative good-spirited prodding that Rich Bobkin brought to us. And it simply will not be the same sitting in our Biercafe and not seeing Rich.

This Saturday APRIL 16 from 2 - 6PM friends, coworkers, and anyone who remembers Rich is invited to join us as we celebrate his life. We'll share stories, photos, and music , and toast  all the good times and good feelings Rich brought  us.


I know you're riding your mountain bike and sipping a real ale somewhere, Rich. Cheers to you mate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The saturday memorial is from 2-5pm

mitch bobkin said...

A small correction. Rich Bobkin was born on Feb. 5, 1956. I know this to be so as I am his next oldest sibling and I greeted our father as he came back from Elizabeth General Hospital, Elizabeth, NJ, that day to inform us that he now had "another boy." Mitch Bobkin

HumuloneRed said...

Thanks for the correction Mitch. The date has been corrected. I apologize for the error.

Plopfz said...

I just found out today, from this site, and was greatly saddened to hear of Rich's passing. I was just browsing facebook for old friends and typed in his name. Rich was one of my main scrub nurses at Rahway hospital for about 5 years. We all lost touch with him after he moved and I'm sure that the rest of the O.R. team will be shocked to hear of his passing.
Howard Pecker